Get registered for GST. In case you don’t have GSTIN, learn more about the GST registration process. If you have already registered for GST, keep your GSTIN handy.
Step 2: Add your GSTIN details
GST for QuickBooks companies which have set up tax agencies
1.Existing companies which have set up tax agency will see the “GST ready” widget on the dashboard page.
2.Enter your GSTIN (Not having GSTIN won’t stop you from creating invoices using GST tax rates in QuickBooks) and click Save.
GST for QuickBooks companies without taxes setup
Companies (existing and new) which have not enabled tax will see a Setup GST widget on the dashboard page
1.Click Setup GST
2.The Edit GST settings pop up will appear
3.Enter Start of the tax period, which would be July 1st, 2017
4.Enter your GSTIN
5.Choose your Filing frequency and Accounting method
Step 3: Add your HSN, SAC codes
- To make your invoices GST compliant, you will need to add the relevant HSN/SACcodes. Learn more about the new HSN and SAC codes.
- Know the codes for your products (HSN) and/or services (SAC) you offer. You can download the HSN codes and check your HSN code for your business in the Central Board of Excise and Customs website.
- Select Add HSN/SAC for items
3. Select product type – Inventory/Service/Non-inventory/Bundle
4. Along with other details, add HSN/SAC code
How to add HSN/SAC codes in QuickBooks for existing products
1. Click on Edit in existing product or service
2. Add HSN/SAC code
Step 4: Record GSTIN of customers, suppliers
1.You will need to add your customers’ and suppliers’ GSTIN to facilitate the generation of accurate GST Reports (GSTR)
2.Add GSTIN of your customers and suppliers (if applicable) to QuickBooks for GST-compliance.
Step 5: Create GST invoices
1. Learn more on how your invoice changes to be GST ready.
What is a GST-ready invoice (India only)
1.Customize your invoice template to display GST specific information, or enable GST information on your invoice.
Customise invoice for GST (India only)
- Customize your invoice to start new invoice number series from 1st of July
Change the number on invoices or other transactions
- Check out the video on invoicing for GST: Invoicing – QuickBooks for GST – YouTube
Step 6: Run GST reports
- GenerateGST Reports (GSTR) or lets your accountants generate it to complete filing.
3. You will also be able to create backdated transactions (prior to July 1, 2017) using prevailing rates, i.e., Service Tax, VAT.
Your GST FAQs answered
Have more questions about QuickBooks Payroll support and GST?
Hope this answer will be helpful for you. For more information about this, dial QuickBooks support phone number+1-855-441-4417. You can ask any query related to QuickBooks from well qualified and experienced accounting experts.